Cybersecurity Controls Manager
Cybersecurity Controls Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Cybersecurity team at HSBC are engaged to transform the way information security is accomplished at the bank and we are set to enable the business to do more, as securely as we want, or need to be. In short, in line with the Bank’s strategy, we are to be Simpler, Better, Faster and of course – More Secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Cybersecurity Controls Manager.
Cybersecurity Control Management is a new sub-function of Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance. The role-holder will have an opportunity to shape and grow the team. The role itself will evolve together with the strategy for control management in Cybersecurity.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Head of Control Management in implementing the 2019 target state for control management
- Lead selected work streams improving the overall Cybersecurity Control Management maturity and effectiveness
- Assist in maintaining oversight of global Cybersecurity control effectiveness and remediation plans
- Work with the Control Owners and Chief Control’s Office (CCO) Technology to ensure that the Cyber Security owned controls in the Risk and Controls Library are assessed for control effectiveness and there are documented remediation plans to address control deficiencies/gaps.
- Manage global issues for all Cybersecurity controls and ensure appropriate actions are agreed and completed in timely manner
- Support Control Owners in tracking activities related to Cybersecurity Maturity Improvement Programme (CSMIP) and BAU, improving overall control effectiveness
- Work with the Cyber Risk Quantification (CRQ) team and the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Metrics & Reporting team to maintain end to end view of Cybersecurity controls – through KCI’s to risk reduction quantification
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Highly conceptual with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in cybersecurity and or/control management
- An excellent communicator with good presentation skills
- The ability to drive improvements and overcome challenges.
The base location for this role is London.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Information Technology
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 07-Feb-2019, 15:31:33