Cyber Incident Response, Senior Consultant or Manager, London or Reading
London or Reading but exceptional candidates from other locations with a willingness to travel will be considered
Cyber Risk & Security. Everybody’s talking about it. Every major corporation is concerned by it. The Government is investing £1.9 billion in tackling it. We’re shaping strategies and transforming technology to minimise it and we need you to join us. You’ll build strong relationships within a Cyber practice with some 200 FTE extremely talented individuals. Our team brings together people who graduated in everything from Philosophy to Law, Maths and Computer Science. Join them and you will operate at the cutting edge, enjoying the kind of professional development that will set your potential free.
When our clients suffer cyber incidents, our Cyber Incident Response team gets to work – fast – to identify both causes and impacts. Our professionals then apply their experience and imagination to find the most effective methods of mitigation and restore the organisation to normal operation. With a unique collection of skills, we can do whatever it takes – from improving the security of a single component to delivering a holistic security and privacy programme.
Our service spans information security, cyber security and privacy across strategic and governance work, as well as the operation of managed security services – so you will gain unrivalled experience and exposure, spanning DDOS attacks, malware infections, policy violations and more. The deadlines will be strict and the pressures significant as you take control of incidents and ensure their rapid resolution, so you will need a strong grasp of information security and the ability to take clear and considered decisions under pressure.
- Proven experience in incident response, either in-house or as a consultant
- Ability to provide technical analysis and direction for investigations
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs, including some of the following: firewall functionality, encryption, host and network intrusion detection systems
- Proficiency with forensic techniques and endpoint detection and response tools
- Expertise to analyse and reverse engineer various file types, including providing dynamic and static analysis of malware artefacts and binaries as well as other malicious attack files
- Awareness of cutting-edge response and mitigation strategies to address current vulnerabilities
- Passion for information security and service excellence that matches our own
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
To qualify for the role you should have one or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
You are here: Cyber Risk, Risk Advisory
Some advisory businesses specialise in long-term strategic thinking. Others focus on implementing business improvements. We’re renowned for both – and we employ the finest minds both in cyber risk and across the broader organisation. That gives us – and you – unrivalled opportunities to influence business strategies and deliver lasting change for a wide variety of clients, from household name multinationals to innovative, technology-led start-ups.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. We are always open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements, and are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Anticipating changes in the cyber landscape, you will safeguard our clients and build their resilience in an increasingly disruptive digital age. This in turn will give you real impact on the broader community. You will also enjoy developing the talents and careers of your colleagues, giving them the power to make a difference.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Requisition code: 135294