Group Security – Senior Information Security Analyst
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Information Security Analyst to join the Group Security team. The successful candidate will provide security consultancy to projects and technical leadership for security technologies deployed across the Group, whilst also supporting the daily operations and improving the underlying processes.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment operates and manages the University’s three exam boards and carries out leading edge research in education. Our strong IT department is leading the way in partnering the business in strategic development of business applications.
It is imperative that the work we do is 100% reliable and secure and our teams always strive to achieve the best, and deliver more. We use commercial software packages and also write applications in-house and design solutions for our customers. We are enquiring, driven and always ready for a challenge.
This is not just an IT department within a business, this is an integral and pivotal part of the business upon which every strand of the business and our customers rely upon.
What you will be doing
• Providing security advice to projects to ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risks
• Leading the support of security deployed technologies, including security threat intelligence and prevention, network and cloud security, security vulnerability testing, data loss prevention, anti-virus management, advanced persistent threats and forensic analysis
• Mentoring junior security analysts
• Managing information security incidents
• Reviewing and approving requests for change which may have a security impact as part of the change advisory board
• Supporting the ISO27001 accreditation by undertaking technical audits
• Providing input to the development of security processes and procedures
• Evaluating and assisting with the implementation of existing and new security technology solutions
What we are looking for
• Proven experience of information security processes and technologies including network architecture, security incident management, risk management, security penetration testing, data encryption, anti-virus, data loss prevention, ethical hacking, threat intelligence and security awareness education
• Experience of providing technical security advice to projects and business leaders
• The ability to build effective relationships with both business and IT departments
• The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of different levels
• Experience in Active Directory and PC technical support
• The capability to develop and deliver security reports and technical documentation
• Proven experience of working in a large operational environment, ideally as part of a security operations team
• A recognised security qualification: CISSP, CISM or SSCP (preferred)
• An enthusiastic, self-supporting and confident individual
You will need to be organised, flexible, have an eye for detail and be able to keep to tight deadlines whilst working under pressure. There is also a requirement to have a keen desire to continually develop knowledge and keep up to date with technologies and developments.
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range off flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on BUPA Care, Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13 September 2017 and interviews will be held shortly after.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process, if you are selected as the successful candidate, you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer