Senior Software Engineer
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing team based in Gloucester. As a prime industry partner to Government organizations we enjoy the pick of interesting work in the DV community with roles embedded at customer site and in our Cyber Innovation Centre office in Barnwood.
Main duties of the position:
A Software Engineer typically acts in a technical role developing and maintaining mission critical applications and systems
·Developing product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
·Attending and contributing to scrum\\team meetings and estimation activities
·Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
· Document designs and advise on product support material
·Supporting technical planning and management meetings
What we are looking for…
Currently holds DV clearance or has the ability to gain full clearance
Skills in any of the following:
- Java application development
- C/C++ based application development in a Linux environment
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl or ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
Degree in Numerate Subject desirable but not essential.
We are looking for software engineers, with relevant years professional experience. Experience of software development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful.
About Raytheon Cyber Security…
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities led to the establishment of our Cyber Innovation Centre in Gloucestershire, which has grown rapidly since opening in late 2014. This has created a broad spectrum of roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you…
Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Annual bonus + £4,000 additional bonus for maintaining DV clearance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Early finish on Fridays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. 100687
DV - Current