Cyber Security Technical Skills Coach
QA Learning provides the most complete range of training courses and learning services available in the UK.
Our training courses span six main areas; Technical IT, Business Applications, Business Systems Analysis & Design, Programme & Project Management, Service Management, Leadership & Management and Business Skills.
In addition to our public schedule of over 1,500 classroom-based courses, QA Learning also offers world-class delivery through virtual, mobile and eLearning. We are listed as the no.1 IT training company by The Learning & Performance Institute (LPI), with 350+ fully employed learning professionals and subject matter experts and 24 centres with 230 classrooms across UK.
Working within our Degree Apprenticeship Programme you will ideally have previous experience in coaching, mentoring & assessing groups of young adults towards the achievement of technical degree qualifications.
Having a long term caseload of around 50-60 students based in Cheltenham, you will engage and organise with our learners to complete planned assessments at the work base in Technical Skills, to include at least one from: Software Development or Database Development or Networking or Technical Security or Server Infrastructure or Service Management
Your approach, organisation, proactivity and coaching skills will help retain learners and ensure each student achieves their assigned projects and qualification in line with the targets and objectives you have agreed in the Individual Learning Plan.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive financial package
- In-depth coaching and mentoring both internally and externally
- Career development framework that has seen number of our staff promoted to senior positions
- Pension & Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- 2 days paid Charity work each year for a charity of your choice
- 3 days of additional training which does not need to be relevant to your role from our very own course selection
What we need from you
- A Degree or other Higher Education Qualification in Computer Science, Computing, Software Development, Networking or a related discipline would be highly desirable, but significant industry experience or significant experience in the delivery of IT related qualifications/apprenticeships will also be considered.
- Technical Skills, to include at least ONE from:
- Software Development
- Database Development
- Technical Security
- Server Infrastructure
- Service Management
- The ability to provide inspiring coaching sessions to degree apprentices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback in a way that motivates individual learners
- Ability to identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achievement
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- High attention to detail
- That’s it!
If you think you have what it takes and have the relevant experience, skills and qualifications please apply.