Test & Integration Engineer
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
· Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team
· Manage test environment(s), data and tool requirements
· Create and manage automation, both function and non-functional tests and deployment scripts
· Create and perform exploratory manual testing
· Contribute to the production of test documents as required
· Provide test reporting mechanisms
· Raise defects on the backlog and support the wider development team in their resolution.
· Be a bastion of Quality and help instil this in the team.
· Understanding of Agile development and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets.
· Test script development
· Experience of Automated Test Tools
· Experience of Non-Functional testing
· Experience of Exploratory testing
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Experience of TDD/BDD
• Monitoring and Logging tools and techniques
• Experience of Source Control tools
• Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
• Experience of Continuous Integration
• Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
• Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
• Linux system administration skill
• Military or Government project background
• Knowledge of Information Security “best practice”
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential.
We are looking for test & integration engineers with professional experience. Hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today. 110145
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Manchester