SOC Analyst - Edinburgh
Kick start your career in Cyber Security as an SOC Analyst with ECS Security - one of the fastest moving and largest privately-owned cyber security companies in the UK.
Purpose of the role: Provide security monitoring services as part of a 24x7 SOC shift team
- Perform security alert detection and analysis capabilities across multiple technologies to ensure that security incidents are identified in a timely manner
- Escalate and support potential security incidents in line with appropriate processes
- Support communications of potential security incidents via multiple channels
- Participate in the response to potential security incidents by identifying and communicating relevant supplementary information
- Perform assurance of security posture through monitoring security system status
- Create and interpret regular and ad hoc security reports
- Continuous focus on service improvement
- IT Security/Information Security
- TCP/IP or Network Security Knowledge
- Strong written communication
- Good analytical and problem solving capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Security or Information Security role, or completion of a recent IT Security related Degree.
- System administration
- Experience of working within team based environment.
- Experience in customer facing role.
Salary is £21000 plus shift allowance and benefits.
ECS has over 400 employees, a growing pool of contracted Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, Manchester, London and Pune.