Lead Product Manager (Security Platforms)
As a LPM you are responsible for leading a team to deliver a vision and strategy for technology security products across our global Technology division.
Lead Product Manager (Security Platforms)
As a LPM you are responsible for leading a team to deliver a vision and strategy for technology security products across our global Technology division. This role will involve influencing and delivering product roadmaps across the product portfolio set consistently delivering efficiency and providing Technology and the business with performance and availability insight.
The role is a dynamic and challenging opportunity which involves direct interaction with all Technology teams. We are looking for candidates that have an attention to detail, are fantastic at managing multiple product, colleague and customer requirements with the ability to influence strategy and direction.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand current and future requirements across our product sets (security code analysis and security event adoption and correlation) - defining the capability roadmaps and vision for these products
- Influence vendor roadmaps and feature requirements to keep in line with the capabilities required by our Technology and Business teams to continue realising value
- Implement community forums and feedback channels to understand the needs and wants of your Technology customers
- Develop and own plans to pilot & rollout new processes, working with stakeholders across our business units and technology teams.
- Product Market our strategic products to ensure strategies implemented to promote adoption and usage of the solutions to maximise our investments - defining training strategies and peer to peer learning environments
- Consolidate tool sets to maximise efficiency, cost and knowledge transfer and training
- Define and execute product strategy aligned to the above outcomes
- Define and track performance against customer and business KPIs
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
- Maximise value from products we have invested in.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decision are required
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/ stakeholders
- Supplier management and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, writing effective user stories/ acceptance criterions
- Great hiring/ interviewing skills
- Understanding of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts
- Great people skills and can gain respect and trust of team members and others working with you
Experience relevant for this job:
- Experience using key security solutions (including Splunk SIEM and SAST tools)
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDL) (essential)
- Cloud Deployment and Security (desired)
- Coding Experience (desired)
- Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented and opinionated product managers and took multiple ideas (at least 1 new product/idea) from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs
- Good domain expertise in the relevant functional area/ a large complex domain · Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested