Senior Solutions Architect – Security (Pre-sales)
What you'll be doing:
The Senior Architects serve as the technical design authority and architectural expert for sales opportunities across multiple vertical and geographic regions, in support of the entire VES Security portfolio. They will engage in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serve as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of engineers and delegating as necessary. An Architect will be capable of working independently on deals of any size or complexity, with minimal direction from leadership. They will consult with our customer’s senior technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations. Qualified candidates will possess experience in the computing/information technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on security technologies and architectures, compliance and regulatory drivers, and risk management frameworks.
Senior Architects will act as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives. Their role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support of the sale. They will participate in business discussions including defining support roles, service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution. They will support their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other sales engagement teams, including assisting with deal prioritization and task delegation across the Solution Engineering teams. They will engage principle SME’s for assistance when necessary and appropriate. They will participate in collecting customer requirements, presenting company capabilities including performing live demonstrations and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows. They will serve a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability. The Principal Architect role helps ensure that all technical questions are answered, all internal sales and approval processes are followed, and that the customer’s requirements are fully met by the various teams involved in the quoting, implementation, and transition process. They will provide mentoring to Solution Engineering staff and assist with training development and presentation, as requested.
A successful candidate will play a key partnership role to the field sales team as a technical advisor, and will report to the Senior Manager of Solutions Architecture.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in a related business or technical field
- Experience in the following areas:
- Cyber Intelligence and Analytics
- Security Policy Assessment & Development
- Global Managed Security Services
- Threat and Risk Intelligence
- Vulnerability Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Security & Network Architecture
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and have the capability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Verizon versus its competitors.
- Mastery of commonly used security and Internet concepts, practices and procedures.
- Superb presentation skills, including the capability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – willingness to provide examples of solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans.
- Experience working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas.
- Practical knowledge of business concepts and financial practices in large enterprises.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures – willingness to provide sample work product.
- Time management, task prioritization, and delegation skills.
- Experience working with F1000 companies and similarly large enterprises.
- Team lead or Project Management experience on a strategic long-term project.
- Industry certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security+.
- Technology certifications: Cisco, BlueCoat, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec.
- Best Practices & Frameworks certifications: ITIL.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar Sales Automation software including custom report generation.
- Front-line Operations experience with relevant technologies for a revenue generating platform within a large enterprise.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of security based products and services.