Lead Software Engineer
TOGETHER WE PROTECT AND SECURE WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ORGANIZATIONS & ENTERPRISES
Thales e-Security protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We’re a leading force in encryption technology, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers’ information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That’s why we only want to work with the brightest, most ambitious minds in our industry. That’s why we want to work with you.
The Ignite team is a fast moving, global, advanced research and development team in the Office of the CTO, with members in both Cambridge UK, and San Jose, Ca. Horizon 2 focuses on the mid-term need(0-2years), and short-term delivery(0-6months), of technology research, innovation, product de-risking, and understanding of industry problems that create pain for customers. Our philosophy is to “Understand, Validate, Innovate, Accelerate” technology for the benefit of our business, customers, and the world at large.
What you’ll do
The Ignite team focuses on understanding new technology trends, customer problems, market opportunities, product de-risking, and technology strategy. The daily activities of this team are very dynamic and can include but are not limited to:
- Technology research
- Developing Proof of Concepts
- Open Source Contribution
- Solution Architecture
- Product De-Risking
- Present new ideas
- Working directly with customers and partners
- Blogging on technology
- Collaboration with the field, engineering, and PM.
- Strong technology curiosity
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Software and Hardware expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Multiple Programming Languages
- Go, C/C++, Python, Rust, Java…
- Operation Systems
- File Systems
- API design
- Full Stack
- Strong documentation skills
- Jira, Confluence experience
- Self-Starter that can work independently and in small focused groups.
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.