Senior Sales Manager - Cyber Security
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
• To provide focussed leadership and orders delivery, primarily aligned with Enterprise Cyber Security Integrated Delivery Teams. The Senior Sales Manager will own the delivery of the target ascribed to that Foundation Sales area and be responsible to the Head of Sales for growth through strong leadership, understanding customer/market needs, developing strategy and winning projects. They will provide senior level engagement with customers and be able to form strong business/resource relationships operating in a matrix environment. Typical yearly orders target will be £10-15M.
• Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in a UK Cyber Security business environment is a perquisite for this challenging role. Recent Cyber experience in one or more commercial market verticals would be a distinct advantage.
• Lead the generation of business, translating business opportunities into profitable and VFM solutions;
• Own the delivery of the orders, ‘as bid’ margin and cash/mobilisation targets associated with the business area;
• Accurately forecast orders and the associated revenue;
• Provide timely market intelligence;
• Network with customers and strategic partners to foster relationships that will assure the delivery of the sales orders target and future growth as declared in the business plan;
• Work internally with others in the rest of QinetiQ to define the sales strategy and build larger sales opportunities;
• Ensure bids released are timely, have been competitively priced and all risks to delivery are thoroughly understood and mitigated with all relevant stakeholders satisfied;
• Ensure that the appropriate assurance of bid proposals (technical, financial, business & commercial) is undertaken;
• Ensure that staff members within group are competent and appropriately qualified to carry out their duties;
• Ensure that the day-to-day operation of the Foundation Sales area is properly and tightly managed;
• Ensure effective communication with stakeholders to ensure resources and facilities are aligned to customer requirements;
• Ensure compliance and adherence to legal and QinetiQ processes, with auditable visibility.
1. Previous demonstrable experience in a sales/business development role at a management level in a commercial environment
2. A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers at a senior level, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of proposals and bids
3. Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within sales and an understanding of the technological disciplines and project delivery
4. Experience of leading a team of professionals
5. Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
6. Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities at a senior level
7. Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
8. Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector and how they may relate to QQ
9. Ability use multiple sources of information to evaluate situations to drive the best possible outcome.
10. Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the Commercial Cyber Security market, as well as basic understanding of company-wide capability.
11. Good knowledge of UK Commercial Cyber Security market is highly desirable
What we offer:
• Car allowance
• Excellent bonus/OTE
• 25 days holiday plus facility to buy additional 5 days
• Market leading pension - up to 10.5 % company contribution
• Private healthcare for employee (dependent on grade)
• Flexible working
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Share Incentive Scheme
• Deferred share plan (grade dependent)
• Lump sum death in service benefit
• Flexible/bespoke benefits package (PMI, dental cover, personal accident cover, annual travel pass, restaurant and shopping discounts, childcare vouchers plus more)
• On site gym/squash courts (site dependent)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to further their career with a world leading FTSE250 scientific and technological organisation. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today!
Candidates must be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV security clearance as required. Due to this there may be certain projects where we will not be able to accept Dual Nationals.