Security Architect (London or Cheltenham)
We are looking for people who want to work for a consultancy at the cutting edge of information security. We pride ourselves on our unique and meticulous approach to ensure that our clients get the most value from any engagement with us, in order to deliver tangible advice on how to improve their security.
We employ consultants with a variety of skills from across a range of industries that allows us to provide a truly broad and holistic range of advice to our clients. The role of a Security Architect Consultant is diverse and offers and array of opportunities, both technical and managerial, for industry experts who are highly skilled and recognised within this service area.
Context’s Security Architect Consultants have a broad depth of experience, having worked for a number of organisations who have operated different technologies and diverse solutions to meet their specific requirements.
Our Security Architect Consultants understand the people, processes and technologies which underpin an effective, broad and deep, Cyber Security approach which considers the physical, technical and socio-technical aspects. Our Security Architect Consultants are able to draw on their previous experience to find, tailor and assess solutions that best meet a client’s needs, within their given timescales and budget, understanding that a one size fits all methodology is not appropriate.
- Ownership, research and development of a specialist discipline, subject matter or service
- Support team technical development (e.g. through service development or research) and contribute to company technical processes overall
- Provide training and mentoring to other consultants on projects and through internal training courses, as well as suggesting other training requirements for individuals
- Manage projects and programme delivery to time and to budget
- Support the sales team through design and scoping complex and bespoke engagements, identifying the dependencies and critical paths
- Maintain relevant professional certifications and contribute to industry bodies as appropriate
- Proficiency in writing technical documentation, helping to set company standards for reporting, project, and technical QA
Person Specification (Essential)
- Considerable experience of identifying and implementing cyber security controls necessary for complex business and IT change projects.
- Proven experience in describing and communicating cyber risk and why it is a key driver for Security Architecture
- Experience in architecting and designing coherent security solutions
- Understanding and experience of architecture concepts, topics, and management frameworks such as TOGAF and SABSA
- Experience in assessing business and IT solutions/systems across a range of frameworks such as NCSC, NIST, CIS, and COBIT
- Proven track record of successful delivery of technical projects, including cyber security maturity assessments in both on premise and cloud environments
- Proven track record of managing small technical teams
- Pro-active nature
- Willingness to travel, in both the UK and Europe, to wherever our clients operate.
- Willingness to work at client sites, occasionally for extended periods
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organisational skills, able to adjust to rapidly changing requirements
- Ability to listen to client needs, interpret and capture specific requirements, mapping these to Context services
- Analytical mind-set and approach
- Able to clearly communicate the value of cyber security controls in reducing risk at all levels.
- UK security clearances (eligible and willing to undergo the Developed Vetting process)
Person Specification (Desirable)
- Driving License
- Previous financial services sector experience
- Previous government sector experience
- Previous consultative client facing experience
- Previous line management/mentoring experience
- Project management qualification
- Management qualification
Context is an independently operated cyber security consultancy, founded in 1998 and focusing on providing highly skilled consultants to help organisations with their information security challenges. We work with some of the world’s most high profile blue chip companies and government organisations.
We are growing rapidly and are expanding our team and our services. We have offices in the UK, Germany, New York and Australia, and are recruiting in order to support an expanding business.
Location and Travel
The role is based at our London or Cheltenham office.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates and including annual review.
Additionally, Context hosts a comprehensive bonus scheme and benefits including: 25 days annual leave, option to buy up to 5 extra days; company pension scheme, contributory of up to 8%; company share plan; numerous voluntary benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan; free eye tests and sabbatical options.
Employees also benefit from an individually tailored learning and development plan which can include financial support with tuition/exam fees and access to various conference opportunities.
Company ethos is paramount and so, in addition to these bonuses and benefits, Context offers a flexible working environment, regular social activities and various day to day extras such as free refreshments.