Senior Cyber Technology Specialist
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Darktrace, the world’s leading AI company for cyber defence, as a Senior Cyber Technology Specialist. As a leader within the Cyber Defence technical team, you will have the chance to become an authority on the implementation of Artificial Intelligence and unsupervised machine learning to combat the ever-changing threats of the cybersecurity landscape. This position is open to applicants with 3 or more years of experience in networking, cybersecurity or technological consultancy roles.
As a senior Cyber Technology Specialist (CT), you will provide technical and cyber defence expertise in pre-sale and post-sales accounts, together with our Cyber Account Managers. During the pre-sale cycle, the CT will architect and deliver Proof of Values (POVs). After the sale, the CT will facilitate full deployments and ensure customer success, actively contributing to the real-time defence and hardening of a customer's key assets. CTs also liaise directly with the Cyber Analyst team for knowledge-sharing and response action.
- Act as a senior technical authority for clients, partners and each business unit within Darktrace.
- Deliver of Proof of Value engagements from end to end.
- Advise audiences from security technicians to C-level executives on the capabilities of Darktrace’s cyber AI.
- Be the trusted adviser and technical authority to the customer for architecture and integration decisions.
- Provide feedback and technical reporting on accounts to Darktrace management.
- Design and build custom client integrations and define solution architectures.
National and international travel will be required.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in either a networking, cybersecurity or technological consultancy discipline
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline, with a 2:1 or above (UK) or GPA of 3.5 or above (US)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field
- Experience communicating with both technical and senior management
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP, and common networking protocols
- An understanding of common cyber security vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Experience of web technologies and programming/scripting languages (e.g. C, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.) is also desirable
- Practical experience with network and security devices/systems, e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, is also desirable
- Competitive base salary
- Generous leave
- Other benefits including healthcare, pension, transport allowance*, Cycle2Work scheme*, childcare vouchers*, free lunch on Fridays** Dependent on region