Cyber Technology Specialist - Munich
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Darktrace, recently named as one of Fast Company’s 50 ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’. Darktrace is looking for self-motivated, technical-minded and passionate individuals to expand its Cyber Defence team to Munich, providing the chance to carve a career path in the dynamic field of cybersecurity and become an authority on deploying Artificial Intelligence to combat the latest threats.
The Cyber Technology Specialist (CT) role is customer-focused, providing technical and cyber defence expertise in pre-sale and post-sales accounts, together with our Cyber Account Managers. During the pre-sale cycle, the CT will architect and deliver Proof of Values (POVs). After the sale, the CT will facilitate full deployments and ensure customer success, actively contributing to the real-time defence and hardening of a customer's key assets. CTs also liaise directly with the Cyber Analyst team for knowledge-sharing and response action.
- Act as a technical point of contact between clients, partners, and each business unit within Darktrace.
- Being accountable for the delivery of Proof of Value engagement from end to end.
- Present Threat Intelligence Reports and advise accordingly to variety of audiences from technicians to C-level executives.
- Be the trusted adviser and technical authority to the customer for architecture and integration decisions.
- Provide feedback and technical reporting on accounts to Darktrace management.
- Design and build custom client integrations and define solution architectures.
- Act as a technical touch point between clients and partners.
National and international travel will be required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline, with a 2:1 or above (UK) or GPA of 3.5 or above (US)
- Fluency in German
- Have a proven ability to work autonomously and in a small team in an innovative and fast-paced environment, whilst delivering to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field
- Experience with customer-facing activities (pre-/post-sales), as well as security and network consulting, is desirable but not essential
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience, in either a networking or security discipline, is desirable but not essential
- Experience communicating with both technical and senior management is desirable but not essential
- Practical experience with network and security devices/systems, e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, is also desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP, and common networking protocols, is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of common cyber security vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques is desirable but not essential
- Competitive base salary
- Generous leave
- Other benefits including healthcare, pension, transport allowance*, Cycle2Work scheme*, childcare vouchers*, free lunch on Fridays*
* Dependent on region