Software Test Engineer - National Security - Gloucester
The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
Test Analyst / Enginner
Are you passionate about delivering products to the right level of quality and see the advantages of using automation to meeting this aim?
As a Test Analyst / Engineer at BAE Systems AI , you'll be working with one of our National Security customers to both enhance and maintain existing products, and will be involved in build exciting new capabilities. The work will be fast paced and at times challenging, but the benefits of the work will be tangible and real. You will be exposed to new approaches, new technology, and new ideas, so a willingness to step out of your comfort zone is a must.
In BAE Systems AI we believe in high performing agile teams and an ability to be a team player, be self-motivated, happy with taking on responsibility, and a desire for team/self improvement are key attributes for success. Not only will you and your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.
We get excited about the advances we can make in the field of software testing and want to find more test analysts who share this excitement. To us Development and Test are equally important and we certainly don't want job titles to be a boundary for collaboration.
We are looking for Test Analysts / Engineers who have experience/aptitude in the majority of the following (or a desire to learn it):
- Ability to get on and engage positively with all stakeholders include developers (you like haring the same mission)
- An inquisitive and tenacious mind who sees finding issues an exciting challenge - a professional test thug!
- Experience of picking up and understanding complicated requirements sets and working with other stakeholders (including product owners and business analysts) to understand acceptance criteria
- Familiar with test automation approaches and tooling
- Ability to author and maintain code to achieve test automation (e.g. Java / Web Driver, Frameworkium)
- Leading and mentoring other (perhaps more junior) Testers or Developers implement test specifications
- Experience of the capabilities and use of non-functional test tools (e.g. JMeter)
- Experience of working in an Agile scrum team, and the tooling that supports it, eg Jira
- Experience of using a test management and/or design tool (e.g. Zephyr , TestRail)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
About our team
You'll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels more like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance and welcome a discussion on flexible working. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We'll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it.
We are specifically recruiting for our National Security business which is the largest area within our Government business. Our mission is to be the most trusted partner for our National Security clients in delivery of their core mission. At the end of 2017 we had over 600 employees working across our intelligence, law enforcement and defence clients. This year, we are looking to build on our success and grow even further by recruiting over 100 new members to our team.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years' experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions. We are currently at the forefront of introducing new technology and approaches, and would like you to be part of this exciting phase in our history.
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.