Senior SOC Analyst Midlands based
Senior SOC Analyst - Midlands based
The role as Senior SOC Analyst is reporting to the Shift Lead, the Senior Analyst is part of the shift based SOC Team that monitors and responds to any identified event from the security monitoring processes in place or any reported security event or incident. The Senior Analyst will deputise for the shift lead when they are absent.
• Monitoring for events across multiple security technologies, including intruder detection systems, malware detection, file integrity systems, SIEM toolset and others as defined for this service;
• Ensure that SOC scheduled tasks, reported events and incidents are appropriately progressed.
• Assisting as required with Security, Risk, Compliance and Service reporting.
• Supporting Analysts in the resolution of incidents where the defined procedure for an incident cannot be followed but escalation is not appropriate.
• Responding to incidents where a detailed understanding of the monitored estate is required and is beyond the capabilities of the Support Analysts.
• Assist with maintenance of SOC documentation.
• Support Compliance Programme activities as requested.
• Provide input to the Service Improvement Plan (SIP).
• Receiving and acting on calls, emails, alerts, etc. relating to security events and possible security incidents.
• Understanding of network management, networking or system administration.
• Appreciation of an operational environment.
• Desire to work as part of a team and contribute to the team’s objectives.
• Exposure to IT Service Management best practices such as ITIL.
• Excellent self-motivation and the ability to deliver key activities unsupervised.
• Excellent communication & organisational skills.
• Experience with SIEM, Analytics and Incident Management toolsets, ideally HP ArcSight, Splunk and Resilient Systems’ IRP and BMC Remedy.
• Understanding of ISO 27001, ITIL or ISO 20000, ISO 22301 and relevant CESG GPGs
• Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) /Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
For more information on this role, please apply to this advert with an up to date CV.