Technical Team Lead (Big Data)
Calling all aspiring developers or technical leads. Are you currently a technical team lead, or a developer keen to make the step up to team lead? Do you have experience working in database development, ETL, Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence and are you looking for some exposure to Big Data?
I have a FTSE 100 client who have an exciting opening to lead a team of on and off-shore developers in this space.
As the Technical Team Lead you will lead a small team of developers and set the technical strategy for the team.You will be directly responsible for reviewing incoming work, allocating it to your team, and overseeing the delivery of that work.My client is keen to support developers making their first steps into team leadership, and so you will be supported by your manager from day one.In addition, there may also be options for you to receive leadership training.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Guide, support and manage a team of developers
- Act as a technical design expert for new projects and developments
- Design strategy across existing and emerging Cloud based data architectures.
- Formulate and communicate proposals to leverage advances in the groups data technologies
This FTSE 100 company is a household name with a Global presence and extremely strong brand.
- Financial Services bonus scheme
- 14% employer contribution to pension
- 29 days holiday a year
- Flexible home working - opportunity to work from home at least one day a week
- Friendly growing Team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
You should have broad experience working in development in a data driven environment.
In addition, you should have skills or experience with at least two of the following:
- ETL: Informatica (or similar)
- Cloud Platforms: AWS or Azure
- Big data: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, EMR, S3, Athena
- RDBMS: Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Languages: Java, Scala, Perl
- OS: Unix
My client is keen to advance the career of a motivated and driven developer who is keen to move into team leadership – if this is you then this is a perfect opportunity to make that step.