Operations Security Engineer
Within the System Operations Team of the Real-Time Operational Services and System Operations (RSO) Division, the Operations Security Engineer supports security aspects of all operational satellite systems and provides operational security support to the development of new systems and associated EUMETSAT infrastructure.
- Support the maintenance and evolution of the Information Security Management System;
- Identify, follow-up and assess security threats and vulnerabilities;
- Interface with the Security Operations Centre (SOC) service;
- Serve as a member of the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), including provision of on-call support;
- Support the establishment and maintenance of interconnect security agreements with EUMETSAT’s operations partners;
- Organise, support and evaluate security audits, and create/check audit trails/logs to identify security violations;
- As a member of the Security Team, investigate and resolve security related anomalies across operational systems;
- Review changes to existing systems for adherence to the security policy and associated procedures;
- Review new system and programme developments for adherence to the security policy, requirements and associated procedures;
- Organise and/or provide training on operational security to operations, technical support and development staff and contribute to cross-organisational security awareness initiatives;
- Establish and maintain appropriate contacts with special interest groups relating to security, and/or other specialist security forums.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience of:
- Definition of security-related requirements in compliance to ISO/IEC 27001 & 27002 standards;
- Information security management systems, including security software and tools, preferably in a 24/7 high-availability operations environment;
- Network security solutions and architectures;
- Conduct of security audits on operational systems;
- Investigation and resolution of security related anomalies in a 24/7 operational environment;
- Security Operations Centre tools, services and interfaces.
- Experience of high-availability (satellite) ground segments and/or Windows & Linux operating systems would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills;
- Resilient and flexible self-starter, with an ability to manage workload autonomously;
- Methodical and organised approach to work with an aptitude for detail and accuracy.
- A degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Computer and Network Security
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).