Principal Cyber Security Risk Consultant, Cabinet Office, up to £550/day
The Cabinet Office are seeking a Principal Cyber Security Risk Consultant to join them at 10 Whitechapel High Street, London.
Team: Cabinet Office|GOVERNMENT DIGITAL SERVICE|DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Initial contracts will run until 1st May 2020 and offer a rate up to £550/day.
IR35 STATUS: Outside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Outside IR35 legislation.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 16/05/2019 at 15:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
This role and the work of the GDS IA team within which the role operates is critical to the GDS and Cabinet Office work programme and is fundamental to the overall Cabinet Office information risk management regime.
The GDS IA team incorporating this role provides capabilities to both GDS and Cabinet Office, which includes specialist guidance and expertise for risk management decision making and security, privacy and information risk guidance to the GDS Chief Operating Officer, the GDS Management Team and Head of Business Operations, as well as other senior management staff across GDS.
This role provides critical leadership as a subject matter expert for cyber and information security risk assessment methods.
- Join the GDS Information Assurance (IA) team led by the Head of Information Services and comprising of highly skilled Information and Cyber Security Assurance Specialists, and working closely with the GDS Information Management (IM) and the Privacy Office teams
- Work as an integral part of digital services teams procuring or building digital products and services
- Scope and produce the formal risk assessments for a portfolio of digital services and products
- Provide cyber and information security risk consultancy advice to the GDS IA team work in a fast moving environment on some of the most high profile and complex digital services being created in the world today, services that are transforming the way that the UK government engages with its citizens
- Work with highly motivated and talented technologists and help to develop new and improved ways of delivering information assurance services as an exemplar across government.
- Cyber and information security risk assessments and reports
- Risk treatment plans
- Cyber and information risk briefing notes
- Cyber and information security risk advice and guidance
- Progress reports and updates, and pipeline management reports.
Skills and Experience
- Experience carrying out cyber and information security risk assessments for digital services, ideally with a range of formal risk assessment methodologies
- Previous experience working closely with delivery teams to build strong and effective working relationships
- Delivering reports to public and/or private sector customers and stakeholders on services and information risk
- Skilled in working both autonomously and successfully in a team
- Experience providing cyber security, information risk, information assurance and privacy advice to teams building digital services and to senior management
- Experience managing multiple complex projects in parallel.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Security Consultant £150,000 Plus Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Defence Security Consultant £150,000 Plus Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Government Security Consultant £150,000 Plus Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Security Security Consultant £150,000 Plus Contract jobs in London (Central)