The Role -
Do you want to be part of a consultancy at the cutting edge of information security? At Context, we pride ourselves on our unique and meticulous approach to helping our clients solve their most complex information security challenges.
Context’s Research team are looking for software engineers with a high-assurance development and cyber security background. All levels of experience will be considered, with the ideal candidates being willing and able to learn and develop in a variety of programming languages and environments.
The role involves developing bespoke high assurance security applications, as well as building proof of concept demonstrators and tools to support Vulnerability Research and Reverse Engineering.
- Strong proficiency in at least one of C++, C#, or C, with familiarity of language idioms, common libraries and tooling.
- Development experience across multiple desktop and mobile platforms (e.g., Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS).
- Familiarity with code vulnerabilities and an awareness of reverse engineering and vulnerability research.
- Understanding of secure development principles and defensive programming techniques.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, especially in writing and delivering technical and non-technical reports and presentations.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, including managing work packages from requirements through to delivery.
- Must hold, or be willing to undergo, DV clearance
- Familiarity with native platform APIs (Win32, POSIX, OS X Frameworks etc.).
- Experience of networking protocols and the application of cryptographic primitives and principles.
- Experience with formal engineering processes, including code review, source control, unit testing, continuous integration and release management.
Our clients look to us to provide solutions to their most complex information security challenges, in order to protect their most critical resources. Our clients trust us with this great responsibility because of the quality of our people; leaders in their field, inquisitive and capable of rising to the most complex of challenges.
Alongside our employees drive and determination to be the best at what they do is Context’s company ethos. We are passionate about developing our staff, through provision of continuous training and development opportunities. We also pride ourselves on our flexible and social working environment.
We are growing rapidly and are expanding our team and our services. We have offices in the UK, Germany, New York and Australia, and are recruiting in order to support an expanding business.
Location and Travel
The role is based at our Cheltenham office.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates and including annual review.
Additionally, Context hosts a comprehensive bonus scheme and benefits including: 25 days annual leave, option to buy up to 5 extra days; company pension scheme, contributory of up to 10%; company share plan; numerous voluntary benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan; free eye tests and sabbatical options.
Employees also benefit from an individually tailored learning and development plan which can include financial support with tuition/exam fees and access to various conference opportunities.
Company ethos is paramount and so, in addition to these bonuses and benefits, Context offers a flexible working environment, regular social activities and various day to day extras such as free refreshments.