Information Security Manager, College of Policing, up to £440/day
The College of Policing are seeking an Information Security Manager to join them at College of Policing, Ryton on Dunsmore, Warwickshire, Warwick, CV8 3EN.
Team: Risk _ Compliance|Risk Manager
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £440/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 13/06/2019 at 13:00
Candidates will ideally hold NPPV3 however if not, candidates must hold Active DV (Developed Vetting) clearance. Applicants require active DV/NPPV3 clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with SC Clearance may be considered, if right for the role.
- Lead the development of an Information Security Governance and Management framework that meets the business needs of the College in the delivery of secure services via the PSN and PSN(P) networks. Leads the development and implementation of appropriate polices, standards and guidelines for ensuring cost-efficient security of confidential and specialist systems in line with current and emerging legislative, College, CESG and Home Office directives.
- Be accountable for Information Security Risk Management undertaking risk management assessments and ensuring a consistent approach to Information Risk management is undertaken across the Information Security Team
- Be accountable for ensuring assurance and/or accreditation is in place for all digital infrastructure, systems and services used or delivered by the College
- Be accountable for developing and implementing a rigorous and proactive assurance and accreditation framework identifying, highlighting and addressing shortcomings where appropriate, to demonstrate security compliance against PSNP code of connections and other external information security standards adopted within the College. Lead the Information Security team in the consistent adoption and delivery of the assurance framework identifying where external assurance is required.
- Be accountable for the development, rehearsal and maintenance of the IS Unit’s Business Continuity Plan to ensure its integrity in meeting the overarching needs of the College’s Business Continuity Plan and the individual Business Unit BC plans. Lead exercises to test the IS BC plan. Devise, implement and maintain a robust communication plan which confirms each member of the IS Unit understands and can carry out their role in the execution of the plan.
- Be accountable for the security incident management activities and where necessary carry out and/or commission internal and external investigations into Information security and cyber security breaches and external attacks on the College’s IT networks and systems, in accordance with Security Police Framework, GovCertUK and College procedures. Prepare and review reports for the Senior Information Risk Officer (SIRO) and Head of IS and assess, agree and implement mitigating and remediation actions, including potential disciplinary action, promptly to counter further breaches and restore services securely.
- Lead on the raising of awareness of Information Security and its place in the College’s overall security and risk management processes. Develop or commission awareness and training courses to ensure the Information Security is embedded in day to day operations across the College.
Skills and Experience
- Risk management experience within digital technology
- Government experience within compliance area essential
- CISSP/CISM or equivalent experience
- PSN assurance/accreditation of Govt networks.
- Technical infrastructure security techniques and management
- Systems security architecture
- Stakeholder and project management
- ITIL Foundation
- Government assurance/accreditation experience
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.