Senior Security Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced security engineer to work in a team providing security services for over 18,000 users in a distributed, global network.
We are looking for a flexible, problem solving, security engineer who is also capable of analyzing potential security incidents, automating security processes and driving change.
CISSP, CISM or equivalent
Degree in information security or computer science
The candidate must have 5 or more years of experience in a multinational IT team and the following:
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Hands on experience in the use and operation of a range of security systems such as;
- vulnerability management systems,
- intrusion detection systems,
- anti-virus software, authentication systems,
- multi-factor authentication,
- log management,
- email security systems covering malware and phishing,
- device control.
- Experience of leading the implementation of new security systems and maintaining existing security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Solid understanding of authentication protocols and principles
- Desirable Criteria
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Working with ITIL processes
- Working to recognised security standards such as ISO 27001
- Using common utilities for detecting, evaluating and responding to malware
- VMWare / Hyper-V security
- Virtualization security
- Storage security
- Cloud PaaS and IaaS security
- Cloud security services including O365 ATP and InTune.
- Security development life cycles
- Software development methodologies
- Developing security requirements for software and system acquisition and development
- Leading the implementation of initiatives on our security roadmap
- Ensuring appropriate levels of documentation for support and operations
- Supporting our antimalware infrastructure
- Supporting our Privileged Access Management solution including developing solutions for new use cases, documenting our existing service, transitioning the service to operations and providing high level support.
- Undertaking risk assessments to approve exemptions and to support projects from other teams
- Investigating security incidents reported by users and developing processes to triage
- Identifying and driving the remediation of technical vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Developing and maintaining security incident response plans
We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and commitment to service delivery and who can:
- take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- plan, prioritize and complete their own work, whilst remaining a team player
- interact successfully with all levels of our internal user community
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Additional Information
The role is UK based and the successful candidate will need to undergo security clearance.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Security Engineer £80,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering Security Engineer £80,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- IT Security Engineer £80,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Security Security Engineer £80,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)