Information Security Officer
We have a great opportunity for an Information Security Officer to assist Peabody in developing, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive enterprise wide information security programme, based on accepted industry standards, to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of information owned, controlled and processed by the organisation.
To help the organisation achieve and maintain Government approved Cyber Essentials+ accreditation.
To assist in delivering education/training programs for all employees, business partners, alliances, or other third parties, to ensure appropriate awareness of security policies, procedures and standards, and to create general information security awareness within the organisation.
Essential Knowledge Technical Skills
- Experience implementing best practice and compliance in Information Security
- An understanding of or practical experience of applicable UK Laws, regulations and standards. (eg. Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS and GDPR)
- Knowledge and experience of Office 365 and, or Azure
- An understanding of IT functions, how Information Security integrates and supports these areas
- Use initiative – demonstrates a 'can do' approach
- Excellent written and communication skills tailored to desired audience
- A flexible approach to tasks and prepared to assist in matters outside of business as usual scope
- Able to listen to, understand and respond to business requirements, willing to negotiate and influence compromise across conflicting requirements to produce high level and innovative solutions/approaches
- Confident in the use of different communications channels e.g. blogs, podcasts, online training and social media
- Ability to work with and willing to travel across all support functions in the business and subsidiaries
Essential Personal Skills
- A persuasive, articulate communicator who is adept at communicating information security related concepts to a diverse group of stakeholders (including non-technical audiences) and executive directors
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills – service orientation, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Confident in the use of different communications channels eg. blogs, podcasts, online training and social media
- A proactive mindset - able to raise awareness not just of the issues that affect Peabody now but also future issues.