Cyber Security Higher Apprenticeship
Intakes: 9th September 2019
Role: 18 month Level 4 Cyber Security Apprenticeship
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, it is at the forefront of innovation.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll join our Capgemini Apprentice Community, where brilliant, technical minds create, develop and deliver cutting-edge solutions to our clients’ problems.
You will work alongside industry experts in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment.
The focus of your role
You will be part of the team that protect our people, our IT and industrial systems, and our networks. You’ll place security at the core of digital transformation and you’ll apply your technical mind to end-to-end services that protect our clients against the ever-evolving challenges of cybercrime.
The apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Qualification whilst working at the same time. You will follow a structured development plan covering Technical Security fundamentals giving you the essential skills to meet industry needs.
This means you will be a productive employee with Capgemini, learning relevant skills on the job, and participant in a learning community of students who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge together.
On finishing your Higher Apprenticeship successfully, you will be a highly qualified member of Capgemini global business, with unparalleled career opportunities within the business.
What you’ll do
- You’ll design robust security architectures and processes and implement security technology for cloud-based services.
- You’ll develop programs that make client workforces more mobile.
- You’ll work on everything from incident analysis to hacker monitoring to cyber security.
What we’ll offer you
- The opportunity to study part-time for a Level 4 Cyber Security Higher Apprenticeship
- Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies or mentors
- Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
- Relevant and substantial work experience with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills
- Sponsorship, giving you a debt free start to your career
- All of the support you will need for, what could be, your first job and also the first steps of your career
What we are looking for
• High analytical capability
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
• Passion for technology
• Good team working and communications skills
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Information about work experience opportunities can be found on our website.
To be eligible, you need:
• 7 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- A-Levels in Software/Computing
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply here’ button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme.
What happens next
If your application for a Higher Apprenticeship is short listed, you’ll be asked to complete a Situational Strength Test. If you’re successful there, the next stage will be a Digital Interview. Next, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre consisting of an interview, micro exercises and a group exercise. We will keep you updated at every stage of the process.