Your new company
Our client is a global food manufacturing company with links across Europe and the US. They are going through a large period of growth due to a successful product launch and are extending the technology department to cope with the increase in demand.
Your new role
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems. Working under a Senior Engineer and Architect, the candidate will lead smaller tasks and take responsibility for the task's technical output. The applicant will work with the technical management team to identify resources required for the task and provide regular progress updates.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client has stressed that these requirements are desirable and not essential, therefore if you believe you do not have experience in an area listed, but feel comfortable picking up new systems and processes then please do not hesitate to contact us for more information:
- To implement required switching, routing, firewall/ips policy, web/email proxy, AAA, Wi-Fi and telephony changes in accordance with the internally defined change control process.
- To provision hardware/software deployments and configuration to support new requirements in relation to the above mentioned infrastructure.
- Monitor the health of the ICT Network using the management tools available to ensure the constant functionality and availability of the environment.
- Monitor the security posture of the ICT Network using the vulnerability tools available and ensure any detected vulnerabilities are remediated.
- Follows security best practices and ensure compliance to defined standards when deploying new hardware/software and configuration.
- Carries out routine maintenance and patching of the ICT Network infrastructure.
- Works with other ICT Service teams to troubleshoot system performance issues, escalating to hardware or software vendors for firmware or software fixes. Implements changes where required in order to rectify issues or improve performance.
- To provide 24/7 BAU support for the underlying infrastructure that is hosting business critical systems in line with agreed SLAs by participating in on-call as part of a team roster.
- To liaise with other areas of the business to gather requirements this will feed into solution proposal documentation to be reviewed for approval by management
What you'll get in return
A Competitive salary of up to Â£38,000 per annum
15% contributory pension
An extensive benefits package incl. subsidised child care and onsite lunches
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.