Cyber Security Engineer
Are you a Cyber Security Engineer interested in working with a unique mix of military and civilian cyber security specialists at the NATO Supreme Allied Headquarters?
Based at the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA) Cyber Security Technical Centre located at NATO’s Supreme Allied Headquarters (SHAPE) in Mons [Belgium] you will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of NATO’s global Cyber Security Defence posture.
The NATO Computer Incident Response Centre (NCIRC) is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world. This capability requires a combined international team of 250+ NATO and Industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 NATO member countries.
We believe that our employees work best when they can achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
- International Premium Payment: An annual Tax-Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year;
- Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied;
- Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability);
- International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental;
- Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000pa claimable for returning to the UK for home visits;
- Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
Key Responsibility Areas
Candidates with experience of other security technologies such as Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics and Vulnerability Assessment are also of interest.
- Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of NATOs global Cyber Defence systems;
- Work in conjunction with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, maintain, troubleshoot and tune the suite of NCIRC security devices;
- Deep configuration and administration of one or more security technologies such as log collection, event correlation, network discovery, network traffic pattern/flow analysis, mail content checking, intrusion detection and on-line computer forensics;
- Support investigations into security related incidents;
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats and the security techniques and procedures required to protect the NATO networks;
- Willing and able to share information and mentor others in area of specialism;
Candidates for roles working for NATO must:
- Hold or be able to obtain, National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS);
- Hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country;
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices, services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Arcsight, Nessus Tenable, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl
Apply for Cyber Security Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly