Information Security Consultant
- I’m working with one of the UK’s leading accountancy consultancies. Their GRC division is growing exponentially and what I need is an Information Security Consultant with experience of working within a consultancy.
- They are currently working on a number of great projects, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a small security team within a large organisation, manage multiple clients with endless opportunities to progress your career.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
- The information security consultant will be working with the national and global clients directly, travelling to client site in the UK.
- Use your expertise to support and contribute to typical deliveries such as: Design reviews, making sure the business adheres to security policies and frameworks (ISO27001).
- Work across all business areas as well as 3rd party vendors to assess information security risk exposure.
- Working alongside Senior Information Security consultants who are subject matter experts within consultancy globally and use this expertise to build credibility with clients.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
- Strong relationship building skills; act as a consultant & advisor to senior business leaders on the place of information security in their teams & projects including proposal of enhanced processes & policies.
- Good understanding of GDPR, PCI DSS and knowledge of ISO27001
- Vast experience in conducting report writing highlighting vulnerabilities to company managers and directors
- Perform internal and external security risk assessments.
- Have a good technical background (CISSP qualification is a bonus, not required)
- Inquisitive - able to ask questions of the business users in order to understand information security risk exposure
- At least 2-5 years’ experience within security (BIG 4/ consultancy experience is essential)
BENEFITS OF BEING AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
- Salary: £40-50k
- A company that is focused on developing their employee’s skills and qualifications (they have a dedicated floor purely for training resources).
- Be able to join a small security team within a large corporation and help build that team.