IT Systems Engineer
Your new company
My client is a leading facilities management and professional services company. They look after a large and diverse range of blue-chip customers, creating outstanding work environments for them.
Your new role
As an IT Systems Engineer, you'll be reporting to the Head of Technology, and you'll be responsible for the following:
- Drive execution of immediate IT infrastructure changes affecting hosting and end-user platforms.
- Review current systems and security position and assist in change/optimisation plan.
- Review and improve current information security model of end-user devices.
- Review existing patching model with focus on Windows and non-windows operating systems across the estate.
- Review and improve current hosting system design.
- Work closely with team members, assisting the Head of Technology, and sometimes taking the lead on various projects
- Provide support to end-users
- Ensure all systems and services documentation is in place at all times.
- Provide on-call support during out-of-office hours for all mission critical escalations.
- Manage various supplier relationships.
- Continuously up skill to company standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience designing and evolving Windows, Linux, and mixed hosting estates
- Understanding of IS Security architecture - ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essentials Plus
- Possession of PCI DSS and/or PCI QSA certifications would be very welcome
- Experience assessing, designing, and evolving systems - Windows/Linux systems and application services
- Experience in building virtual hosting and service delivery environments in a Colo, hybrid or cloud environments - Colo-cloud IAAS models
- Experience integrating and securing hybrid estate
- Experience with Disaster Recovery (DR) - specifically Veeam Backup & Replication
- Thorough understanding of Windows
- Understanding of SSL protection and SSL certificates (how they're issued)
- Understanding of IP network protocols - WAN & LAN networks (preferably Cisco)
- Understanding of SQL Server (2012/2014/2017)
- Full understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.