Cyber SOC Analyst
Oxford, Oxfordshire UK
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits & Car allowance
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for a globally leading logistics organisation who have enabled the UK's delivery services since the onset of Covid-19 lockdowns. Due to incredible demand on their services they require a modern and robust Cyber security defence and are therefore looking to grow their specialist teams.Your new role
As a Cyber SOC Analyst in their specialist Security Operations Centre (SOC) you'll be responsible for the continuous monitoring, configuration, and development of security systems and technologies that protect the company's assets. Working with other members of the Security Operation Centre, you will be supporting the ongoing development of the function through the use of automation, threat intelligence and attack driven defence techniques.What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience of with cyber security triage and event logs
- Good working experience of threat hunting and problem solving through the application of log data and the identification of patterns or trends
- Understanding of key industry principles (least privilege and layered defence)
- Excellent people skills including good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Python and VBScript
- Awareness of infrastructure and application technologies (Public Cloud, Linux, Windows, Cisco and Citrix)
In return you'll be rewarded with a generous salary of up to £55,000 plus an exceptional benefits package including flexi benefits, significant holiday and pension, and car allowance. You'll join an advanced team with huge opportunity for personal growth and learning, based in Cowley, Oxfordshire (with WFH arrangements).What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.