UK Based - Can be based remotely throughout the UK with some occasional travel to the Cardiff office or from their office in central Cardiff
A job opportunity has arisen for two Risk Consultants / Information Security Specialists to join one of the largest financial services organisations in South Wales on a permanent basis. These positions are based at a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, who have won multiple awards. They offer a great working environment plus the opportunity to work on several interesting projects.
The Information Security Risk Management specialist will take ownership of risk management processes, delivering risk management and advisory services. Reporting to the Governance and Controls Manager, you will act as a lead contact for the Security Risk and Governance team.
You will operate and improve the risk management processes, with a view to reduce the organisation's Cyber risk exposure. You will liaise with IT and business stakeholders to ensure that Information Risk is effectively mitigated through the identification and implementation of technical and non-technical controls.
You will be responsible for operating and enhancing the risk assessment and risk management processes, whilst establishing and maintaining the information security risk criteria. You will produce security documentation where required, including security standards and guidelines. Furthermore, you will support the Information Security Culture Team by providing focused, risk-based training and awareness activities.
The Risk Consultant / Information Security Specialist will act as a champion for Information Security initiatives, deliver risk assessment reports and produce operational and strategic MI where required.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of three years' experience in an Information Security Risk Management role
- Strong technical knowledge, including knowledge of cloud-based solutions
- Experience in Information Security Risk Management
- If you hold a relevant degree and/or a CISA, CRISC, CISM CISSP or similar qualification this would be a distinct advantage although it is not essential
- General knowledge of security control assessment, risk assessment, risk management and controls
- An understanding of IT controls implementation and management
- Experience of using common information security frameworks and risk methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
This position can be based remotely, although you will sometimes be required to travel to the Cardiff office (roughly a few days a month) for occasional on-site meetings, training etc.
You will benefit from a competitive salary, a great working environment plus an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Free company shares
- Pension scheme (6% employer contributions)
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free gym memberships
- Staff and family insurance discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- Breakdown cover
- City centre location
- Tickets to sponsored events, local discounts and more
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please apply with an updated CV. Hays also offer £500 worth of high street retail vouchers for all successful referrals.