WebSphere Administrator - Remote
Your new company
An excellent opportunity to join multinational technology company which operates in over 170 countries worldwide.
Your new role
An experienced Websphere Application Server/Liberty Infrastructure Specialists with at least 8 years experience.The role is will working in support / maintenance rather than project delivery.
The success candidates will be service driven and the ability to work under pressure.
All roles are client facing
What you'll need to succeed
- Has proven experience of building WebSphere environments using latest capabilities such as Urban Code, Chef and Puppet
- Has proven experience of building WebSphere environments from design documents and hardening guides using Urban Code
- Has proven experience of solving common WebSphere delivery problems, for example Canary Release, SSL certificate renewal, using Urban Code
- Has proven experience of working in continuous delivery/integration environments
- Has proven experience of building WebSphere Application Server v5 through to WebSphere v9.
- Has proven experience of building Liberty solutions
- Has experience of building solutions for cloud platforms
- Has an understanding of Unix and Windows server scripting. Proven understanding of Unix shell scripting. Proven Understanding of Jython
- Has proven experience of setup, management, and tools to automate monitoring of platforms
- Has proven experience of streamlining monitoring and alerting
- Has knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Service Mesh capabilities
- Has knowledge of Open Source JEE technologies Has knowledge of Integrating services such as MQ, Datapower, LDAP, and Databases
- Has knowledge of SSL and certificate management.
- Has knowledge of Kerberos and SPNEGO
- Has excellent understanding of WebSphere Solutions and capabilities from WebSphere v5 through to WebSphere v9
- Understanding of DevOps and Agile principals
- Has proven experience of working in a DevOps and Agile environment
- Has proven experience of release management Has proven experience of change control principals
- Has proven experience of supporting delivery solutions that consider security, audit and performance requirements
- Has proven experience of managing critical incidents and issues
What you'll get in return
An exciting opportunity to work for a large multinational technology company remotely with the possibility of extensions beyond this
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.