IT Security Support Analyst (Apprentice) - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
As an apprentice at Leeds Building Society, you'll gain the skills and knowledge you need to start a successful career in IT. You'll join as an IT Security Support Analyst and worktowards achieving your Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist qualification.
As an IT Security Support Analyst you'll support the highest standards of security, integrity and availability for all IT security systems. You'll carry out basic IT security operational tasks, contribute to monitoring, alerting and reporting on security systems and have the opportunity to work on key projects. You'll assist with security vulnerability assessments on systems and support the IT Security team's response to security incidents and investigations - no day is ever the same!
The structured apprenticeship programme supported by QA (the UK's leadingprovider of tech training and talent) will provide you with a professional qualification in addition to the essential practical skills that you will learn on the job. We will ensure you have all the tools to be successful in role from coaching and support and access to our online self-service learning portal. This will provide you with all the essential resources that you will need and a schedule to help you keep on track with your activities.Do you have the skills/behaviours for this role?
Do you have the experience/qualificationsneeded?
- Knowledge - you'll need to demonstrate an interest in the design and implementation of security controls, common security vulnerabilities, threats, and attack techniques.
- Desire - we want you to be able to demonstrate your desire to learn and grow and in return we will support you on your apprenticeship journey
- Passion - you should be able to demonstrate a clear passion for a career within IT Security
- Curiosity - as the role has a heavy focus on learning, it's important you have a natural curiosity around IT security and Information Technology as a whole
- Team Player - you'll be part of the wider IT and Cyber Security community. It's important that you demonstrate confidence when working with your colleagues on projects as well as on your own.
- Make Things Happen - we want you to grow in confidence as you work with us, so that you can showcase your abilities in IT Security
- Customer Centred - you will need to keep your customers and colleagues at the heart of what you do
- Positive Influence - you'll need to work in a positive way and demonstrate the Society's values
You'll either have an existing IT qualification:
- An A Level in ICT, OR
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, OR
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject. OR
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), OR
Or relevant equivalent experience:
Why is Leeds Building Society a great place to work?
- Educated to minimum 'A' level standard with practical work experience in a professional environment - assessed as part of the application process
We're a mutual not a bank, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. In fact, our business is built on the idea of people helping people, whether that's saving for the future or buying their own home.
We're proud to be the first financial services organisation to be awarded Leaders in Diversity. We don't believe in a 'one size fits all' approach when it comes to working here, so we provide a flexible inclusive working environment that suits all colleagues. We're a 2019 Sunday Times Best Company to work for, which reflects our commitment to support our colleagues with the environment, tools and training they need to be able to excel in their careers.
We're committed to doing what's right for our members, colleagues and communities. We were the first national high-street financial institution to be awarded the Fair Tax Mark; we buy 100% renewable electricity for all our sites and have a charity partnership with Dementia UK. In addition every colleague has 14 hours volunteering each year. Our culture and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.