Infrastructure Engineer vacancy in large public sector organisation in Walsall
2-year Fixed Term contract £50000 - £55000 per annum, 30 days annual leave, flexible working and other generous benefits
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation in Walsall to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer on a 2-year fixed term contract basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the organisation, documenting your work, upskilling others and handing finished solutions over to 'business as usual' teams.
• Work in tandem with our programme team to identify and implement the most optimal technology solutions.
• Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
• Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to the wider IT teams to build network service competencies.
• Ensure network performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of quality and thoughtful design.
• Help to define and deliver network services in accordance with security guidelines.
• Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy network services at the direction of the Security & Stability Programme Manager.
• Participate in all aspects of the programme delivery life cycle, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
• Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
• A degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience in a third line/advanced Infrastructure role.
• Significant experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing network services on a Wintel platform.
• Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks.
• Highly experienced with network configuration, firewall configuration, virtualisation and storage.
• Experience in the following areas: TCP/IP, WiFi, Firewalls, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Office 365, VMWare, Citrix
• Knowledge of Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO27001 Security Standards.
• Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, project managers and subject matter experts.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.