Your new company
A large and well respected technology company.Your new role
If you would like to play a key part in a state of the art cyber intelligence service that speeds up and enhances targeted attack mitigation, detection and defence. Then we have the opportunity for you. Built on a big data platform that ingests, fuses and analyses a huge variety and volume of structured and unstructured data, our platform applies advanced analytics and correlates ingested data against a rich range of global intelligence sources, customised to each client's environment, to detect anomalies and indicators of compromise. Working as a Software Engineering Professional you will possess technical expertise in Big Data technologies, Cyber Security Tools, analysis and insight, understand production planning, business drivers, finance and resource dynamics in both Lead to Cash and Trouble to Resolve. Prior experience in the Cyber Security domain would be advantageous.
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
What you'll need to succeed
- Conducting peer reviews within the business or with suppliers, including challenging the quality of development and use of software engineering practice.
- May be responsible for a level of integration of their solution with other solutions owned outside of their team. May be responsible for customer interaction and delivery of solution back to the customer.
- Accountable for the design and development of smaller and/or less complex projects i.e. cyber security applications.This includes ensuring that contributing estimates are of a coherent quality of delivery; providing realistic inputs into delivering within agreed timelines and budgets; adequately documenting delivery; and ensuring correct functional and non-functional behaviour for the solution.
- Ensure that the team conforms to the Technology software development standards May be required to lead an agile squad (typically 3-4 developers) to complete a specific task
Skills required for the job
What you'll get in return
- Software Development Concepts
- Testing Concepts Database Concepts
- Non-Functional Design Concepts
- Design Review & Assurance
- Programming Language Expertise (e.g Java, Scala, Python)
- Software Design & Implementation System
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Creating Maintainable Code Software Build & Deployment
- Software Re-use & Frameworks
- System environment expertise
- Strong Cloudera experience
An excellent opportunity to play a key part in a state of the art cyber intelligence service that speeds up and enhances targeted attack mitigation, detection and defence.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.