Our Information Security professionals are passionate about information security and control solutions for computing environments. While managing a world-class team of technology experts, you'll partner with one or more disciplines, lines of business, regions or locations to respond to evolving business requirements and emerging threats. You'll also leverage your expert knowledge of today's ever-changing cybersecurity and risk landscape to influence IT operations across the firm. The prime responsibilities of the Information Security Manager (ISM) role is to identify, quantify and proactively address security issues and changes in the businesses risk profile. The ISM will focus on improving the end-to-end risk posture within CIB Markets, and ensure appropriate controls are implemented across the technology landscape to operate within risk appetite. This includes a threat driven approach to enable secure from the start adoption of emerging technology and application development. The ISM will be expected to drive effective risk & controls management and support the business through identification of control weaknesses and recommendations for improved security; articulation of the business impact and associated risk; and educate the business on proactive measures to remediate.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT control and project management practices and experience working across large environments
- Expertise in application and infrastructure high-availability and resiliency architectures with demonstrated experience in business
- Proficiency in information security domains, including policies and standards, risk and control assessments, access controls, regulatory compliance, technology resiliency, risk and control governance and metrics, incident management, secure systems development lifecycle, vulnerability management, and data protection
- Basic Excel knowledge - Pivot tables, vlookups, etc., ability to extract data to dissect areas of heighted risk concern through data
- Cybersecurity awareness related activities specific to application scans (Static, OSS, Pen test), remediation activities and associated vulnerability management.
- Experience in Security and /or Risk Management and / or Corporate Technology with an aptitude in application and platform security
- Experience designing and implementing cloud services (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) offered from public cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc.)
- Applicable working experience in multiple security domains (e.g., application security, vulnerability reduction, data protection, encryption, logging and monitoring, network security)
- The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
- Technically literate with cloud computing, SDLC, and API technologies and processes
- Ability to collaborate on ad hoc teams for risk evidencing and analysis
- Preferred/relevant certifications include CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CCSP
- Audit engagement experience preferred
- Experience in multiple modern development practices (e.g. microservices, containers, orchestration, continuous integration & delivery pipelines, API first, service delivery & integration)
- Preferable experience of Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) (e.g. code review, risk assessments, threat modeling, static code analysis, and dynamic application scanning)
- Experience in enterprise Identify and Access Management solutions, (e.g. Federated Identity, Privileged Access management, Active Directory, Role Based Access Control)
- Preferable experience working in regulated industries, in particular leveraging technology standards, frameworks, compliance, and industry recognized best practice / standards (e.g. NIST, ISO, PCI, SOC)
- Understanding of the external threat landscape, threat actors, adversary tactics & techniques, and industry trends
In the role, you will lead security controls-focused interlock discussions across technology departments (e.g. development teams, CBT, and other Risk groups) in support of security and controls, audit evidencing and uplift and remediation. You will partner with subject matter experts across multiple technology domains, helping them define and communicate their control frameworks, and helping with the identification and closure of architectural governance and software development lifecycle control gaps. And you will partner with technology staff to create action plans, mitigate risks, and resolve control issues.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.