Hays Technology is looking for a Release Engineer to strengthen the release management team of a UK leading Banking Group.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the defining, communicating, and executing the release process for the promotion of fixes, updates, and entire projects to test & productions environments.
- Supporting release deployment and implementation planning including, standardization of release notes, roll back strategy, version control and incident tracking.
- Maintaining quality checks on releases and record those that directly or indirectly cause support incidents.
- Appropriate checkpoints are met and coordinate release sign off.
- Ensuring the software systems are fully deployed, implemented and supporting out of hours production release.
- You will be collaborating with the Release Lead, Test Team, DEV Team and project managers daily.
Who you will be working for:
Our client, a well-established Banking Group based in London are looking for a driven professional with a passion for technology to join as a Release Engineer. The Release Management function has been established to manage and strengthen the core systems for a multi-year development programme.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Source Code Management tool exposure (ideally GITHub)
- SQL scripting knowledge
- It would be highly desirable to have used either JIRA, Jenkins or Bash
What you will get in return:
Working in the banking industry certainly has its rewards and this role is no exception. An excellent rate is on offer for this position. In addition to this you will get training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. A great flexible working programme in place with the option to split your time between working from home and working in the office.
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Infrastructure for the London Financial Services sector, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery â€" I thrive on delivering for our clients.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. IT support skills have never been needed more, so whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your career, talk to us today.