Remote for now â€" based in Reading/Hammersmith/Birmingham or Manchester once COVID restrictions not in place (flex between home and office)
- Â£400 per day (umbrella)
- Â£310 per day (PAYE)
Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) â€" ad hoc work may be required out of hours
We are looking for a Network Engineer with a range of experience and a proven track record of working in a team delivering network and cable projects.
- Work with peers in Engineering and Operations to deliver the strategic goals of the Core Infrastructure platforms, from both a new service introduction and support perspective.
- Ensure that all change activity on the Core Infrastructure platforms adhere to internal Change Management policies and meet the criteria for Operational acceptance.
- Provides technical leadership for network element and network management platforms in terms of repair, re-configuration, hardware & software support and use of existing technologies and practices.
- Provides high level, detailed reports on ongoing complex faults, validating and implementing repair actions.
- Contributes to project work streams & meetings, impact assessments and leads in operational readiness activities.
- Contributes to peer group forums to review technologies systems, architecture and assist in operational improvements by way of innovative solutions.
- Proactively identify and drive improvements in service through technology, process improvements and promote use of industry best practice.
- Lead and co-ordinates engineers and cross-functional teams in the resolution of long running and complex technical problems.
- Supports problem activities in incident reviews and represents Core Infrastructure Support on network programmes and initiatives.
- Identify and ensure the correct management of risks associated with network management activities.
- Maintain the integrity of the Core Infrastructure platforms in their entirety to ensure that both regulatory and compliance requirements are met eg. ISO27001, CAS(T) etc.
- Supports the selection of permanent and contract team members and enable the team by providing technical leadership, guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Extensive experience in supporting carrier /enterprise grade network infrastructure, Juniper, Nokia, Cisco.
- Understanding of HFC, DOCSIS and CMTS technologies.
- Comfortable in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol, ISP environment.
- In-depth understanding of underlying network fundamentals not limited to TCP/IP, Routing, Switching and the OSI model.
- Process oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving and problem resolution.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences (up to VP/MD level).
- Certifications or suitable real-world experience to cover Juniper JNCIP-SP, Nokia NRS II, Cisco CCNP (R&S, SP, DC)
- Previous experience in a support role in a Tier 1 Service Provider.