There has never been a better time to join our Cyber practice. Private Enterprise clients sit at the heart of the UK economy and are the fastest growing sector in the UK. This role is part of a substantial increase in capability to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the UK's most innovative, resilient and rapidly growing, privately backed companies.
We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, as it relates to their business and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter cyber-attacks, financial crime and other threats.
For us, cyber security isn't just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and allows faster and more confident decision-making.
Our team works shoulder to shoulder with our broader advisory practice to integrate what we do for our clients in to everything we deliver from risk management to financial crime and operational resilience to technology transformation.
You will be a Senior Manager, with a technical cyber background, with a particular focus on Private Enterprise, but with a link right across our UK and Global cyber community. The role broadly covers three main areas
Leading the team - as a senior team member you will take an important role in helping to shape our consulting team, considering the skills we need, how we access additional capacity and where we need our people to be. You will also be a Performance Manager for up to five of our people supporting them in their own career journeys.
Leading on delivery - our Senior Managers will typically oversee a handful of engagements at any one time. You could be finishing off some whilst kicking off another. They will be of different sizes and in different subjects for clients across different industries with huge variety. On each you will have a team reporting to you and a Partner or Director you are supporting who has overall accountability for the work. You will bring your technical knowledge and consulting skills in to this work, sometimes at the core of delivery and in others overseeing / checking the quality of our work.
Building the pipeline - demand has never been higher for our support. Clients want to know what others are doing or how they compare. Sometimes we are helping clients to respond to a difficult question from a regulator or client and often its providing burst capacity of resource where they don't require a skill-set full-time but need it for a project change or other reason. Sometimes our work is won competitively and so you will be taking a role leading on that proposal (with access to our library of previous examples), often we are asked to go straight to contract with real urgency. You will be central to this process, working with Partners and Directors, sat on calls and in meetings with them and then working together to get the right response at the right time to our clients - often this will be working alongside other capabilities within KPMG to ensure we bring the best of the firm to our clients.
• Building out and maintaining a professional network
• Upholding KPMG's values by acting with integrity
• Track record in consulting or industry that demonstrates an understanding of the threat and issues faced by clients (essential) AND how cyber links in to other disciplines
• Someone with a strong professional network of former and future colleagues, clients and leaders in our industry (essential)
• Proven knowledge and experience of delivering one of more of the following areas: Strategy and Security Transformation, security technology change, security operations, Identity and Access Management (IDAM), Resilience & Testing or Cyber Incident Response(essential)
• A personal style that naturally fits with our KPMG values, overall acting with integrity (essential)
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions in an accurate, brief and clear way, that may be readily understood and employed by business leaders
• Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progress and performance of others
Qualifications and Skills:
• It's not all about collecting certifications but we also know that for many, qualifications are really important and so here are some we focus on in the team (CISSP, CISM, NCSC CCP) . There are also multiple qualifications in particular technical areas such as Cloud, Penetration Testing or Identity and Access Management and we are equally interested in how you gained those and the experience you have
• Ability to achieve security clearance (BPSS, possibly SC Level) (preferable)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills (essential)
• Ability to interact with organisations at a senior levels (essential)