The role of the Bid Finance Assistant Manager reports to the Head of Finance - Business Development, with a global remit focusing on building excellent relationships and influencing the key decisions that improve business performance from Orders received. You will be commercially astute with the ability to assess and quantify real risk associated with bids. You will be at the forefront of discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in decision making, challenging the status quo and influential in strategy formulation/ implementation. You will be comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focussed on business outcomes whilst consistently delivering on business obligations. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships. You will be a self-motivator and able to work independently.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, and is based at our Guildford Head Office with flexibility to work from home on average 50% of the time dependant on the successful candidates personal preference and the business' needs in line with our Hybrid Working approach. What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Financial ownership of assigned bid opportunities throughout the bid lifecycle to bid submission. This includes understanding the key cost levers which drive gross margin as well as understanding the price to win and levers for bid scoring to ensure we increase our win rate;
- Presenting the above bid financials to senior management including assumptions built to prepare financials;
- Building pricing models;
- Ensure the opportunity follows the bid an effective bid governance process as outlined by BAE policy;
- Active collaboration and partnering with colleagues in finance teams to ensure target margins are appropriate;
- Support of process improvements in the bid and project management process;
- Presentation of timely, accurate and complex financial information in a clear and simple format to stakeholders from across the organisation;
- Delivery of insightful and actionable management information, as required.
- Qualified Accountant or working towards qualification
- Experience in bidding into UK Government a plus
- Excellent excel skills including modelling skills
- Commercial acumen with supporting analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.