The purpose of the Procurement Professional role is:
- To support the provision of 'Procurement as a Service' within two large Defence sector framework contracts as part of the Bid & Delivery team within the Procurement function.
- To undertake activities from supporting the onboarding of and overall management of suppliers to running the framework tender process, especially competitions.
- To execute the strategies for the framework as determined by the Procurement Manager and / or the Defence Relationship Manager.
- To deliver an optimized service, quality and cost offering to the customers of Procurement (both internal and externally facing) and to demonstrate sustainable (measurable) service excellence via customer satisfaction feedback.
- To recognize, understand and contribute towards the medium to long-term objectives of Procurement and to support the Head of Procurement in the execution of the BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Integrated Business Plan (IBP).
The base location for the role will be Guildford or Gloucester, however may be predominantly home based with travel to the office on average one to two days per week. Occasional UK travel will be required. What you'll be doing
The core responsibilities of the role are:
What we're looking for
- Providing day-to-day management of framework suppliers, including organizing mailbox responses to suppliers within framework SLAs and escalating these where necessary.
- Supporting or taking the lead on the negotiation of contracts/agreements with suppliers, including Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) as appropriate, liaising with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Legal Department as required.
- Maintenance / management of the frameworks supplier database/s - ensuring that details are current and updates to supplier due diligence are effected.
- Undertaking new supplier assessments and on-boarding, through financial and governance checks, as necessary
- Supporting or taking the lead on running supplier competitions for the end client, ensuring procurement process and competition rules are adhered to at all times, (training will be provided on the supplier competition process). This will include the maintenance of scoring trackers, the completion / submission of Expression of Interests, Invitation to Tenders, the management of clarification questions and collation of supplier feedback, often to challenging deadlines.
- Reviewing and monitoring framework risks and supporting or leading the development of mitigation plans to address these where possible.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained and followed for audit traceability.
- Attending customer and supplier kick off meetings and other key meetings during project delivery, as required.
- Working with the Service Delivery Managers to action all live delivery updates e.g. purchase order amendments, goods receipting and invoicing.
- Providing input into internal and external reporting.
- Supporting and developing the on-going monitoring and performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery, whilst adhering to the policies and governance in the Procurement function. This will include supporting the development and adoption of SRM where identified for a contract/supplier
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and become an advocate for Procurement.
- Support the HoP to ensure the objectives of the Procurement function and Bid Support & Delivery team are delivered and the Procurement transformation plan, business improvement and development and knowledge sharing across the Bid Support & Delivery team.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Experience of managing subcontracts and suppliers / supply chains
- CIPS qualification or willingness to study for this
- Ability to drive supplier analysis, evaluation, selection and maintain supplier strategy
- Working knowledge & understanding of business IT requirements
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence with all levels of stakeholders and forge strong working relationships
- IT skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Understand and challenge current ways of working to improve efficiency and drive collaboration
- Identify problems in order to suggest and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Be bold and innovative in the approach to problem solving, setting an example for other members of the procurement function to follow
- Identifying contract risks and proposing value levers to mitigate these
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail, and time management skills
- Self-starter with capacity to work using own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Results oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against strict deadlines with resilience
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.