We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing, vibrant community of security professionals based both in the UK and abroad. You will be a Security Consultant working at the core of our customers' mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Our customers span across all sectors; from those of critical national importance to greenfield start-ups, offering a variety of exciting challenges and environments to work in. We pride ourselves in our people being smart. We make a difference by embracing challenges, using the best technology we create sophisticated solutions that our customers trust.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers' business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across the spectrum of strategic advisory through to secure solution design and implementation, and guiding customers with the stand-up of complex and sophisticated new capabilities.
We are looking for candidates across a range of experience levels and skillsets, however this role is particularly focussed towards candidates with experience in security operations. You will learn and develop in the role working closely with our experienced team, with clear pathways defined for your career progression in the organisation
Candidates do not need to present historical evidence in similar roles but are expected to demonstrate understanding and expertise in the subject areas and the aptitude for such a role.Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- Working on client sites in the UK and Internationally you will support and grow to lead engagements that assess the maturity of SOCs and then provide guidance to improve all aspects in their operations, define how secure solutions may be effectively monitored to ensure both security and necessary compliance, and design greenfield cyber defence capabilities incorporating people, process and technologies as best fits the customer needs. You will deliver these engagements across clients in financial services, transport, energy, telecommunications, health, legal, defence and central Government functions. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of medium to large cyber security work-streams or engagements
- Understanding business and information risk context of our customers and judging risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Architecting effective policy and process solutions to support the operation of critical security functions
- Defining skills frameworks and role requirements across all aspects of a security operation
- Working and collaborating with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
Candidates should also have some or all of the following
- Knowledge of technical approaches to security monitoring, including a strong understanding of the benefits and challenges of typical types of tools (SIEM, Analytics, SOAR etc)
- Minimum 2 years' experience of working in a SOC environment, and team leadership in this environment
- Understanding of the role and typical content of key policies, processes and procedures/runbooks required in a typical SOC
- Strong written skills - candidates will be expected to produce design documents, customer reports, and/or white papers to a high quality
- Strong communications skills - candidates will be expected to brief to C-suite stakeholders on a regular basis
- Knowledge of best practice solution architecture and technical approaches to security monitoring, including a strong understanding of the benefits and challenges of typical types of tools (SIEM, Analytics, SOAR etc.)
- Experience in SOC analyst activities, ideally as an analyst/analyst team lead in past roles
- Technical expertise in tools in a SOC environment, e.g. technical architecture of a SOC, data onboarding into a SOC, configuration of key SOC tooling
- Technical expertise in the implementation and security of server and network technologies, on premise and/or in the cloud
- Technical architecture experience, designing performant and resilient SOC platforms
- Service Architecture experience, designing and/or implementing SOC and ITSM related policies and processes
- Training or mentoring experience, supporting more junior staff (or customer staff) in their technical and professional development
As the work may include international travel experience in international working, cultural experience of working in Middle East and/or Asia may be beneficial. Experience in working with military customers in the UK or internationally is also likely to be beneficial.
#AIcareersAbout BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.