At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without.
Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, working in our offices in Guildford and Great Baddow only when required.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.Role and responsibilities
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence are seeking a Senior PMO Officer to join our Space Systems Business area to be responsible for the provision of a broad range of Project Management Office support.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Essential Skills and Experience
- Planning and scheduling - creating and maintaining basic project plans, ensuring that systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling.
- Monitoring and reporting - ensure adherence to standards for planning, scheduling and tracking projects, reporting to the Project Manager about the project status through project performance reports.
- Resourcing - manage workforce planning, providing information for effective decision making.
- Procurement of supplies and services related to project support within Delegated Financial Authority limits.
- Stakeholder management & communication - managing and engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial control - creating and maintaining project financial data, contributing to the management of project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Risks and Issues - developing and managing project RAID logs, leading on defined risk areas, and escalating as appropriate.
- Guidance & support - setting up and providing detailed guidance on project management tools, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supporting programme or project governance - setting up control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Detailed knowledge of Project Management, PMO Policies, Processes & Procedures, Methodologies and Toolsets.
- Experience with RAID development and management.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with excellent stakeholder engagement and management, and ability to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- A keen interest in the space sector and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent team working abilities.
- APM PMQ or equivalent.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.