BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces - some of the most skilled people in the world - enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.Role Summary:
We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing, vibrant community of security professionals based out of our London and Guildford offices. You will work at the core of our customers' mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Our customers span across sectors including government, defence, financial services, and wider critical national infrastructure including transport, utilities and telecommunications. Our customers are those of critical national importance and offering a variety of exciting challenges and environments to work in. We pride ourselves in our people being smart. We make a difference by embracing challenges, using the best technology we create sophisticated solutions that our customers trust.
Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers' business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across the spectrum of strategic advisory through to secure solution design.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative working approach, and succeeding as a team.
There will be increasing opportunity for you influence and impact our clients, and the work that we do, and have ownership of your engagements and delivery.
You will learn and develop in the role working closely with our experienced team, with clear pathways defined for your career progression in the organisation.Key Responsibilities
Working with and on client sites you will support and grow to lead engagements that deliver cyber risk assessments, improve control maturity, define secure solutions and ensure compliance. You will deliver these engagements across clients in financial services, energy, telecommunications, defence, central Government and other critical national infrastructure sectors. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Skills and Experience Required
- Advising organisations and middle and senior management level on security and cyber risk, governance and maturity, in the context of business and threats against it.
- Helping organisations identify target security operating models and maturity, and working with senior client management to define and transform their business.
- Delivery and ownership of cyber security work-streams or engagements
- Leading security delivery teams and projects, combining both our staff and client staff,
- Collaborating with our account teams and identifying ways in which we can help our customers, as well as grow our business. Support business development and proposal development and delivery.
- Identifying areas for developing our own capability, method and collaborating internally to grow our capability and people.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- A passion for and understanding of cyber security trends and threats
- Effective business acumen and an understanding of the cyber security challenges faced by organisations
- Demonstrable experience of identifying security risk and familiarity with common control frameworks
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, at both business and technical levels, directly to key customer stakeholders including senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
- A passion and desire to own your work, and do the right thing for customers in securing their businesses, enterprises and operations.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
- Experience of consulting gained with a top tier consultancy, security boutique or systems integrator.
- Knowledge and experience of applying Risk Management strategies within Defence environments.
- Higher degree in cyber, information or computer/network security.
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or similar qualifications
- Background in business analysis and business change in a cyber security context would be advantageous and or experience in defining and/or implementing organisational security target operating models.
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we're constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we'll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you'll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division Overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.