Your new company
One of the UKâ€™s leading insurance and financial services companies, Established for many years . As an employee with this company you will soon realise how valued you are. They empower and inspire employees to perform, offer opportunities to grow and they recognise and reward you for your contribution. They look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. They recognise how important a home/work life balance and that's why they offer a complete hybrid working pattern with 50% of your time spent in the office and 50% at home.Your new role
We're looking for an IT Applications Designer to join us in a exciting role, to collaborate with internal teams and external partners in order to design, prototype and guide the delivery of elegant solutions that meet the needs of the user. You will communicate design solutions to delivery teams and stakeholders; supporting problem solving, gaining consensus and help to facilitate the build process. Support both technical design processes and embed the culture of good user experience, where appropriate, whilst ensuring the solution remains fit for purpose, meets the business and system(s) requirements and is successfully transitioned into business-as-usual (BAU) operation.You will have experience in backend development with a keen interest in moving into applications design
As an IT Applications Designer you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully understand, evaluate and challenge IT system requirements from Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts to ensure that they are complete and provide sufficient clarity to produce fit-for-purpose low-level solution design documents and enable accurate IT solution development estimates.
- Outline all potential solution options and make reasoned recommendations as to the suitability of options to ensure the Solution Designers are fully prepared to enable evidence-based decisions at the relevant boards.
- Create, document, and maintain design collateral which meets the business objective, align with architectural blueprints, design principles and fall within brand guidelines. Ensure designs adhere to documented design patterns and follow templates, standards and governance frameworks set out by the Solution Design function.
- Control and evaluate interaction and integration designs and enforce the integrity of the end-to-end user journey throughout the delivery lifecycle, to ensure that the final IT solution remains fit for purpose and meets the agreed business and user requirements.
- Provide input into the creation and maintenance of design patterns; facilitate best practice by producing designs in compliance with these patterns.
- Facilitate and support the transition of the solution into business-as-usual (BAU) operation. Assist in resolving live technical incidents and system problems as and when required, in accordance with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Continuously develop skills and behaviours that promote the value of the solution design function and embrace the principles and values as set out in the SolutionDesign Team Charter.
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders and outsourced service providers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Group IT and Teamâ€™s activities.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
We are looking for an individual with:
What you'll get in return
- An Information Technology related degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive relevant and demonstrable experience of IT system design and/or software development
- Strong communication skills for collaborating with various teams and stakeholders
- Experience in a Financial services, insurance, investments and/or pensions environment (desirable)
- Experience of UX design and/or front-end development (desirable)
- Experience of prototyping/ wire framing (desirable)
- Experience of UML (desirable) Experience of various software development methodologies (desirable)
- ITIL awareness
This company pride themselves on being â€a great place to workâ€ and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award.
What you need to do now
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Life Assurance cover
- Discounts on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.