Description Employer description: About us:
The M247 portfolio aims at bringing together service innovation and robust technology partnerships, with the goal of enhancing the business transformation journey of enterprise and public sector organisations in the new digital economy. Our solutions are driven by customer and market demand, and the need for automation and optimisation of technology, operations and costs, data management and networking. Overview:
Here at M247, we are looking for an ambitious Apprentice Security Operations Engineer, who is passionate about Technology & Security. You will join us and our Security Team on our ambitious strategic customer digital growth journey.
The role will allow you to apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect and develop our existing security product portfolio, ensuring that both our internal and customer systems are secure and conform to industry security best practice standards and meeting our accreditation requirements.
This is an exciting time to join us and will expect you to assist with the shaping of the security
strategy and future tooling roadmap, getting hands on with the latest security tech.
With M247 you will be exposed to the future of technology, work with some of the brightest global minds in the industry and support many of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. M247 is a fast-growing global IT powerhouse at the forefront of innovation and transformation.
The successful candidate will support our continued growth plans and must be adaptable and able to think independently, outside of the box to develop and operate cloud native security solutions. Key Responsibilities:
- You will work closely alongside our Security and Compliance Solution Architecture Team and reporting directly into the Technology Services departmental head.
- You will contribute from a security and compliance perspective to the design and delivery of our internal systems and hybrid cloud solutions.
- The individual will ensure that security is of the upmost priority and at the foresight of any service or customer project deployment.
- You will assist in defining processes and standards, following best practices and keep abreast of industry technology trends. Collaborating with our internal IT function to ensure secure operations and security policies are being adhered.
- You will be a team player working alongside a team of multi-disciplined, highly skilled individuals, so the ability to be able to effectively communicate and collectively achieve our goals, objectives and ongoing strategies are a must.
- You will be able to take ownership of any vulnerability types and liaise with multidisciplined technology teams and business owners as required to provide resolutions.
- Champion security within the technology teams by increasing their understanding of vulnerabilities and remediation practices, encourage them to apply security thinking to everything they build.
- You will own incident investigations and provide swift response and resolution, providing root cause analysis as part of the incident lifecycle.
- Expanding upon our cyber security capability to ensure a coordinated response to the increasing cyber security threats landscape, establishing sustainable security capabilities that are integrated with the business goals and objectives.
- In this role you will have the ability to express your passion for security and cloud native technology, you will have opportunities for career development and on-going training and an autonomy to assist with the shaping of our future security landscape.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
£13,000 - £18,000 per annum. --- depending on experience. Working week:
40hrs a week. Benefits:
- In return this role offers a generous salary (dependent on experience),
- 24 days holiday, plus an extra day for your birthday,
- Plus lots of other great benefits including remote working.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.