Your new company
You will be working for a leading University based in wales.
This role is fully remote working.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Support the system, including its core management in Cardiff, but also its development and expansion
- Be a member of a team that develops new and innovative approaches to support the consortiumâ€™s research and teaching, using HPC and Cloud services. You will work proactively to anticipate customer requirements and develop common standards and objectives.
- Investigate and analyse specific issues, troubleshoot problems within the existing structure; creating recommendation reports, supported by advances within HPC, cloud and virtualisation technologies.
- You will pro-actively monitor system performance; investigating and resolving faults and problems in a timely manner. You will assess associated risks and specify recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Using judgement and creativity, suggest the most appropriate course of action where appropriate, and ensuring complex and conceptual issues are understood.
Qualifications and Education
- Graduate/Professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in Linux systems administration, including configuration, operation, monitoring and maintenance
- Extensive experience in scripting languages, and maintaining accurate version control
- Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
- Ability to communicate conceptually detailed and complex information effectively and professionally with a wide range of people
What you need to do now
- RedHat Linux experience
- Able to demonstrate professional knowledge within HPC or cloud technologies.
- Creative, innovative and logical, with an ability to plan and think strategically
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language, writing and optimizing source code.
- Working experience in administering one of Openstack, Kubernetes, or Ceph storage platforms
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment
- Fluency in Welsh, written and oral
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.