Your new company
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. We work with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have a fantastic office located in the heart of Brighton that is a short distance from the train station, shops and the sea. We put our 800+ employees first by supporting flexible working and offering a diverse, lively and inclusive environment. This includes LGBT+ Network (PROUD), Womenâ€™s Network, BAME Network (ME), and a Disability Network, which offer supportive spaces to connect. We are committed to making TPR a great place to work. We do all we can to support our people reach their full potential with training, secondment and development opportunities. We are still working remotely and are transitioning to a hybrid working model by April 2022, subject to government guidelines. Please note our contractual working location is Brighton. Your new role
Weâ€™re looking for a Solutions Architect to drive and deliver strategic cloud architecting & implementation of Business facing solutions in our Microsoft Azure platform. To enable and guide the IT design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs focused around Regulatory Systems. This is a great opportunity for an Architect looking to be the leader in their space.
What you'll need to succeed
- Own and develop the Roadmap for the development of TPRâ€™s Applications (SAAS, Packages, MS Dynamics, etc.) in our Microsoft Azure tenancies. Building the roadmaps and guiding the projects that deliver value and excellence in our business.
- Work with Business and other Solution Architects on resolving the key business issues we face in a cost effective and practical manner, architecting solutions (using Microsoft and 3rd Party Solutions) which includes using a more data driven approach aligned to the corporate strategy for TPR as well as Business, Data and Enterprise Architectures.
- Provide technical leadership to solutions, infrastructure and development teams and set example for teams through hands-on Cloud, Infrastructure, DevOps, Data and Application development, detailed technical design sessions, focus on documentation and other quality assurance activities.
- Support developing IT technical solutions to solve business problems and achieve TPR (ToM) business objectives.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of TPRâ€™s IT and Data strategy using â€Cloud Firstâ€.
- Continuously improve Architecture, Development, Infrastructure, DevOps methodologies, processes and standards including â€best practiceâ€™ and policies relating to TPRâ€™s solutions and their development.
What you'll get in return
- Broad knowledge and experience of Business Solutions, ideally in the Microsoft Azure Stack. Including SAAS and standalone applications, Web and Cloud technology, DevOps, Software Development (SDLC), and data management methodologies plus IT processes (Agile, Waterfall, ITIL).
- Expert knowledge in identifying product choices in support of projects authorised through IT governance and good comprehension of regulations governing IT, e.g. Data Protection, GDPR, Pensions Act
- Broad knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, data platform, their suitability, complexities and alternatives as well as Web, Cloud and Database principles and architectures and specifically Microsoft technologies, including Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics 365 CRM, .Net, Sitecore, Logic Apps, Power Apps, Power Automation (Flow), SQL Server and Enterprise Architecture plus BI/MI experience, ESB/ETL, Data and Cyber Security and SaaS, PaaS plus IaaS.
- Assist with delivering end-to-end software lifecycle improvements, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams
As well as a salary between Â£60,390 and Â£80,166 we offer:
What you need to do now
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.