Collins Aerospace, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation, is on the lookout for a Certification Author to join the WASP Business Unit in Havant, Hampshire.
The Certification Author (CA) is the
Technical Creator at WASP for all documents required to support design, and as such, retains ownership and accountability for each document.Responsibilities include:
Skills / Experience
- Control of projects and documents to agreed timescales as designated by the EM or Project Management Office (PMO) from initial conception through to customer acceptance.
- Analyse and review customer inputs such as; specifications and any other related supplied data to determine certification criteria and factors.
- Prepare and communicate Engineering outputs in the form of Technical and Certification documentation to support all customer requirements including final test, reliability, conformity, qualification or similarity of products.
- Undertake review and checking in line with DoTA, including proof reading for internal and external technical and certification documentation.
- Modify documents to correct operating deficiencies, test failures and/or reduce production issues or customer changes to Specification until approved and accepted.
- Direct, coordinate and report project activity as required to all interested parties to ensure compliance with specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate and direct (as appropriate) any recovery plan for projects in danger of missing milestones or major design and compliance issues ensuring any risks and issues are reported and mitigation plans are in place.
Qualifications, Experience and Essentials:
- An excellent understanding and proven history of Technical Authorship and Certification documentation creation.
- Highly proficient and competent at Microsoft Word.
- Computer literate: Excel, Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Able to manipulate drawings and data for documentation creation.
- Understand complex problems, effective problem solving and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions.
- Ability to work with limited or missing information and proactively track down requirements to keep the project moving and the customer satisfied.
- Results orientated with the ability to organise, prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage schedules and deadlines accordingly.
- Desired; Engineering Degree (BEng, MEng or equivalent)
- Considered; HNC/HND/ or Apprenticeship background in an Engineering Product Design and Manufacturing environment
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Interiors:
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, we provide a valuable Employee Assistance Programme, the ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.