Job description Department Information
The People Operations team provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our 'service pledge' underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. Customer centric we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver Context of role
As one of the Assistant Manager' of the Onboarding team, you will have shared responsibility for a team of approximately 18 Senior HR Assistants and supported by 3 Team Leaders. The Senior HR Assistants manage the Onboarding process for our new experienced hire joiners, ensuring they are screened to the required levels and have a fantastic journey into the organisation.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations Team as well as other internal stakeholders such as Recruitment, Resourcing, Performance Leads, and Immigration. You will also work closely with the Head of Recruitment Operations to manage external providers such as our third party Screening partners and offshore administrative support team - ensuring service delivery requirements and SLA's are met.
You will be perceived as reliable, credible, commercial and an expert in your field. You will be required to support your team in customer escalations acting as a key point of contact and support to the team and the business.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm's values at all times. Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
• You are a key member of the management team within Recruitment Operations Team and will work closely with your manager and peers in ensuring that the level of service offered and delivered by your team is in matching with our service pledge
• You will be responsible for any business issues experienced that cannot be resolved at Team Leader level - working closely with the relevant business owners to identify satisfactory solutions and implementing preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Supporting the continuing evolution of KPI and SLA's reports which form part of the monthly service review framework internally within People Ops and across the key stakeholder management teams. Identifying key trends and patterns and subsequent actions/areas of improvement with thorough execution
• You will be an Onboarding SME and key member of business projects including but not limited to any new process/compliance changes and technology developments. You will be required to ensure that your working knowledge of our legal and regulatory requirements are up to date and also that of your team
• Vendor Management - you will be responsible for supporting the operational management of 3rd parties across your area of operation as per the SRM framework in place - supporting the monthly service review process and ongoing working relationships
• Ensuring that Talent within the team is identified and recognised, with ongoing development opportunities provided for the individuals - responsible for a clear succession and development plan to be in place ensuring the Talent pipeline across People Operations is supported
• You will be part of the Escalation matrix for your own team and that of the wider People Operations team Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- Strong operational experience preferably in an HR operational environment; experience in Onboarding is desirable
- Experience in the management of large teams, coaching, developing and driving a culture of service excellence within a shared services environment
- Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Hold analytical and reporting skills;
- Experienced gained from working within project teams - acting as a SME
- Possess excellent attention to detail;
- Be an excellent communicator - written and verbal;
- Ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment
- Have a good degree of IT office proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc snd SAP or equivalent HR system.