Our Digital team is currently seeking Senior Digital Product Owners to be part of an innovative and dynamic team with an unprecedented amount of digital product activity on the horizon. The team is predominantly based in Norwich, with others spread around the UK but we can be flexible on base location for the right person. Some regular office working and travel to Norwich would be required though to be with your team.
Come and join the team! It's an exciting time to be at Aviva, our team form a core pillar of the Aviva strategy with a big transformation roadmap ahead, continuous optimisation in parallel and a huge customer focus. We look after the digital products that support customers buying and servicing our insurance products (motor, home and travel) via a range of distribution channels.
We need your experience to lead digital platforms and products to deliver brilliant digital experiences for our customers and support problems that need solving from a range of stakeholders. If you like solving complex customer problems and want to work in a dynamic fast past direct to consumer or intermediary digital experience world, we'd love to hear from you.What might you be working on:
We have 4 roles available across the direct to consumer and intermediary (broker). Each of these roles has a different customer and journeys / platforms focus but all are exciting opportunities.
1 - Leading the digital product experience for Direct to Consumer sales and service journeys covering those customers buying via price comparisons websites to quote and buy insurance products and those existing customers who want to manage their policy or renew via My Aviva (5-8 direct reports)
2- Leading the digital product experience for Partners sales and service journeys where we distribute our insurance products via partnering with certain partners and sell via their apps and websites. Again, focussing on the quote, sales and service journeys to support those customer needs (2-3 direct reports)
3 - Leading the digital product experience for Claims journeys by aligning a single roadmap and helping to deliver a future vision for simplifying digital claims journeys. Focus on continuous improvement roadmap in parallel and working collaborative with claims team on this (individual contributor role but with matrix support product owners in another team)
4 - Leading the digital product experience for Broker by working collaboratively with the broker business teams on their propositional demand and roadmaps plus matrix managing the delivery of future experience improvements being driven by broker feedback. Joining up the roadmap and identifying the digital strategy for all the broker areas (individual contributor role but with matrix support product owners in another team)What you will be doing:
How you will be working:
- Own the digital product vision and strategy for a customer journey/product area
- Shape and prioritise demand and understand business context and commercials to converse at business level
- Lead a team of digital product owners and support them in delivering brilliant digital experiences for customers
- Lead a number of digital product teams shaping the design and technology solution to customer and business problems
- Oversee and direct the UX and Visual Design for your product/feature, ensuring adequate research and user testing is undertaken to assure quality
- Overall responsibility for prioritising, planning and shaping the backlog in collaboration with team
- Creation and delivery of platform / domain area roadmaps for all demand
- Balance delivery priorities and efficiency of roadmap across trading, elective change, future experience initiatives
- Prioritisation, goal setting and measuring of product metrics
- Optimising customer journeys through continuous improvement focus and responding to data and insight
- Champion the end-to-end user/customer experience and journey by working closely with customer insight and IT Service teams
- Drive best practice in product ownership and agile and modern ways of working
- Budget management for domain area
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Key contact for GI stakeholders and work very closely with the GI business and build great relationships with trading, product, pricing and ops in particular
- Work hand in hand with business, legal and compliance stakeholders to ensure the necessary approvals are obtained for all product/feature deliveries
- Have a clear view of the evolving market for our customers and their needs in order to effectively influence the longer-term product roadmap. Understand external digital trends
- Own the performance of the digital journeys and be proactive intervening to course correct when required
- Data informed and utilising a wide range of insights to help inform problems to solve and key priorities
- Coach and leadership to support developing team
- Inquisitive and always challenging for marginal gains
What will you get for this role?
- Demonstrable experience in digital product delivery and leadership
- Delivery of a portfolio of platforms or products from concept to market and ongoing continuous improvement
- Leadership and coaching of cross functional teams
- Appreciation and experience of different digital delivery models and design approaches
- Experience of working with Agile methodology (essential)
- Setting up best in class digital teams and improving ways of working, output and outcomes over time
- Ability to work with and manage senior stakeholders across the business
- Financial services experience preferable as is working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of working in a complex matrixed organisation desirable
- Web and app experience
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Ryan Morgan a call on 0121 281 4269 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By ' minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.